Red Box have been working as catering consultants and facilities management consultants in the oil and gas industry for over ten years, assisting our clients with all aspects of catering and hospitality services on offshore platforms, FPSOs, onshore offices, rigs and camp sites, refineries, gas plants and vessels in the marine sector. Over that time we have acquired a vast knowledge of the industry and our continued work in this field allows us to offer market leading and up to date advice to our clients.
We have a wealth of experience in the UK sector as well as internationally. As well as working with numerous North Sea operators, recent projects have also included work in Asia, the Middle East and Africa, as well as with global vessel fleets and remote exploration sites. This industry knowledge allows us to share best practice with our clients such as compression of costs through fixed and inclusive man-day rates, standard food specifications within certain regions and optimum cater crew to POB levels.
For catering consultants and facilities management consultants we believe we are are truly unique in our offshore capability. Two of our senior consultants are fully insured and trained to visit offshore installations, with regularly updated BOSIET and MIST training undertaken. Red Box are also registered with First Point Assessment Limited (fpal), company number 10052155. Our performance ratings awarded by our clients are available on their website.
Our work scope for the oil and gas and marine industries is varied, and we are pleased to offer a wide range of services including, but not limited to, the following:
- Reviews; value-for-money, financial, strategic, health and well-being.
- Tender management; providing expert input into tender processes, from the writing of robust and up to date specifications and remuneration packages, to assisting in the evaluation of tender responses.
- Auditing and monitoring; compliancy, financial assistance with contractor escalation, renegotiation requests including budget negotiation, development of key performance indicators and service level agreements.
- Procurement; shopping basket price reviews, food specification development.
- Training; food safety, nutrition, food allergens and intolerances, food and menu development, management development, customer service skills.
- Food safety; development of HACCP systems, onshore facilities and mess, galley and stores auditing, supplier auditing, advice and policy formulation.
Red Box are proud to have worked with many of the industry-leading companies such as; BP Exploration, Marathon Oil, Talisman Energy, TAQA Bratani, Total, Subsea 7, Nexen, KCA Deutag, Premier Oil, Petrofac, CNR International, EnQuest, Bibby Offshore and Bibby Ship Management. Please read the case studies below for details of some specific projects.